Job Posting: Service Technician
CKC Machinehandel Surmac N.V. or Surmac is the authorized Caterpillar dealer in Suriname established in 1957. In addition, Surmac is also a dealer of other world famous brands such as Perkins, Massey Furgeson, Haulmax, JLG, Towmotor, DAF, and Ingersoll Rand. We are proud of the legacy of Surmac of having achieved more than 65 years of supplying the most important development sectors of Suriname, mining, power generation, forestry, agriculture, building & construction.
We keep our workplaces safe and care for the environment and community in which we operate and aim to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by providing customized solutions in helping our customers achieve their goals.
For our Service department we are looking for a driven and result oriented
The Service Technician is responsible for providing technical repair and service work either in a facility or in the field.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include, but are limited to:
· Diagnosing, maintaining, servicing and repairing Caterpillar earth-moving equipment in the shop;
· Removing and installing of components by following the appropriate service manual.
· Disassemble, inspect, create a complete parts list and properly reassemble components, determine which parts are reusable using pertinent Service or Parts information, and demonstrate proper use of available diagnostic equipment and special tools;
· Assist in testing, adjusting and troubleshooting machine systems and components;
· Remove and install components and parts from engines, powertrain & hydraulic systems;
· Performing pre-operating inspection and operating lifting equipment, such as overhead cranes and rigging gears in a safe manner;
· Understanding and utilizing exchange components when appropriate;
· Documenting the work done on the equipment, on the computer and utilizing Caterpillar specific service report software;
· Completing work assignments within allotted time and secure and maintain appropriate licensing;
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum LTS, NATIN/ AMTO or MBO (Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering) diploma with at least 1-3 years related experience and/or training;
· Experience in trouble-shooting and repairing diesel-powered earth-moving equipment;
· Prior experience with Caterpillar equipment is an advantage;
· Must be familiar with various exchange items offered by Caterpillar and evaluate price of exchange vs. cost of repair;
· Must have basic computer skills to make use of and enter information into Caterpillar specific software.
The Service Technician reports to the Service Supervisor.
45 hours in a week, from Monday to Friday
The work location is located at either Wanica, Paramaribo or Nickerie and the working hours vary depending on the work location.
Will be expected to work in shift and at remote locations of Surmac customers.
Surmac facilities in Paramaribo, Wanica & Nickerie.
SURMAC offers a well-paid job added with a competitive benefit- and rewards package. We also offer a learning workplace with a professional business culture in which our employee will be able to innovate day-by-day learning from excellent resources available, leading to a satisfied employee experience every day.
Submitting of your application
Email your motivation letter together with your curriculum vitae before October 3, 2023 to the HR&D Department at firstname.lastname@example.org